Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Vinaigrette
2 cups Brussels sprouts
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
5 – 6 slices bacon
parmesan cheese for grating
2 Tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Trim stems off of Brussels sprouts and cut each sprout in half. Put halved sprouts into a big mixing bowl.
3. Drizzle olive oil on sprouts until just coated. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
4. Spread sprouts onto a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
5. While Brussels sprouts are baking, fry bacon in a pan and cool on a paper towel to absorb excess grease.
6. Remove Brussels sprouts from the oven and allow to cool before handling. Slice them thinly into ribbons and divide onto two plates.
7. Crumble bacon onto each plate and shave a few slices of parmesan off the block onto each.
8. Drizzle balsamic over and serve.