Bottled Red Sauce (I prefer Barilla Marinara, but this is a matter of personal taste. If there is a brand you love, go for it.)
8 oz. Cherry Tomatoes
5 or 6 Fresh Basil Leaves
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Package Pasta
1. Wash and chop cherry tomatoes in half.
2. In a medium saucepan, saute the tomatoes in olive oil.
3. Once they are soft but the skins are still intact, lower heat and add 1 cup bottled tomato sauce to mix with tomatoes and warm.
4. Stack the basil leaves and slice into thin strips, or if you’re feeling accomplished in the kitchen, you may chiffonade the basil.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
6. Pour sauce and tomato mixture over the pasta and toss thinly sliced basil to top. Serve.