1 packet yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water (not hot)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oregano
1 lb grated mozzarella
2 sausage links, casings removed
1. Mix the yeast, sugar, and warm water and let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flour, spices, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Once the yeast is ready, gently blend it with the flour mixture until it forms a ball.
4. Cover it tightly in the bowl and cover it tightly. Leave it in a warm place for an hour and make sure it does not get jostled.
5. When the dough has risen to twice its original size, gently remove it from the bowl with olive oiled fingers and spread onto an olive oiled cookie sheet.
6. Bake the crust on the bottom rack of the oven at 375 degrees for 5-8 minutes.
7. Remove the crust from the oven, cover lightly with sauce, and top however you like.
8. Put the crust back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until everything is melted and the crust is browned.